- Product Description
A castor oil pack is a soft, absorbent cloth (like organic flannel) which has been soaked with castor oil and applied to various parts of the body, sometimes with heat, to promote blood circulation in the area and treat a number of ailments.
Castor oil packs have been used as a healing health practice for centuries, in a number of ways that have stood the test of time:
1. Liver Detox: Castor oil penetrates through the skin to stimulate blood flow to the liver, supporting detox through increased function. It also stimulates lymph flow and gastrointestinal function, to help carry toxins processed by the liver out of the body.
Many people use castor oil packs during a detox to avoid the “cleansing crisis” symptoms of while toxins are clearing through the liver and out the body, such as headaches, rash, and joint pain.
2. Pain and Inflammation: The primary component of castor oil is ricinoleic acid, similar in structure to the natural prostaglandins our bodies make to reduce inflammation and its accompanying pain. Castor oil packs are commonly used to relieve arthritic inflammation and stiffness.
3. Gut function: Castor oil may help break down the biofilm barrier that unhealthy gut bacteria create to protect themselves from being attacked and cleared out by healthy gut flora.
4. Skin irritations like acne, fungal infection, ringworm, abrasions, and scarring: Castor oil increases the blood flow to the skin cells, detoxifying, moisturizing, and promoting cell regeneration.
- 1 500 ml bottle of organic castor oil
- 1 organic cotton compress cloth
- Instructions for use